Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthdays

Alright it is official! I am the worst blogger! Here is to hoping for more posts from the Alton family!

I am glad to say we are past our busy birthday season. 3 birthdays in 3 months is to much especially since 2 of them fall 2 weeks apart! Nathan and I will need to plan better IF we add another!

Hailee kicks the birthday season off December 30th turning 7. We had a tea party with whom she invited 5 close friends and her Sister. It was very entertaining to watch these little girls all dressed up! They were so silly! We had so much fun!
















Pinkie fingers up!












Each "little lady" got their own tea pot (with hot coco of course) and food platters.




This is one of my favorite cakes I have made! I had someone at the tea shop compare me to Cake Boss! I wouldn't go that far but I will take the compliment! The cake was perfect for the occasion!

Sorry the pictures are all out of order.



























Next up Cole! I can't believe it but my baby is 2! Boy has it gone fast! He is all about trucks these days! Every time we are in the car he feels the need to point out EVERY truck and EVERY bus including tractors. Every time he sees one I HAVE to respond with yes, Cole I see the truck or whatever it may be. We celebrated with first an immediate family party (the day of) and then an extended family party the next day with grand parents and cousins who live close. We didn't have a theme but everything was centered around trucks.








Cole LOVED his cake! Can you tell?


He also loved "helping" make the cup cakes!



Cole's favorite gifts from us were his pots and pans and his power drill. He loves to "help" me cook! Every chance he gets he pushes the chair from the dining room to the kitchen to climb the counter to my mixer (little stinker)! Now that he has his own pots and pans I don't have to fight to use mine.....as much.


The cup cakes were from the first celebration. I love this picture!


Moving on to Caid's Party! She is my girlie tomboy who is now 5. She is so funny! We made my nephew a superhero cape for Christmas and ever since she wanted a cape of her own, which turned into 12 capes for her and her friends. It was a lot of work but so worth it to see all these cuties running around in their capes.



We sent the Superhero's on a scavenger hunt to find their missing power bands stollen by the evil Villain! Once recovered, their powers were restored/revealed to them and they went onto defeat the Villain.....




It was hillarious when Nathan jumped out in this get up. All the "Superhero's" atacked him with their super powers and paper balls. It was so much fun! Nathan literally was jumped by 11 kids!


This was another fun one to make. If you look closely you can see a big gash in the front of the cake. 20 minutes before the party Cole decided it was time to cut into the cake. It was a good thing I entered the room when I did! For the most part I was able to repair the damage that was done.



I laughed so hard when Caidance opened this gift which is for her American Girl Doll, a friends daughter Sofia said (thinking it was for Caid to where) "looks like someones Daddy was doing the laundry"! It still makes me laugh!

We had a great party season and now I am going to enjoy the spring season that is slowly but surely coming. It can't come soon enough!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is so great to see these pictures! They are all growing up so quickly. It sounds like each of their birthdays was pretty fun. Caidance's sounds like it was hilarious with them taking on Nathan. =) We miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete